Adventures 2013

This year has a European flavour with a stay in a Villa in Portugal, driving tour of Brittany, home exchange in a farmhouse in Gascony and of course a return to the farmhouse in Derbyshire.

Let the adventures begin and may they be full of life experiences!

Note scroll down for blog archive


About Me

Now we are retired we spend three months each year travelling. This blog records some of our adventures! · 2012 Hong Kong, Jordan, France, Cuba and England. · 2011: Copenhagen, Derbyshire and Bavaria ...wonderful! · 2010: New Zealand, South America, Denmark, UK and Africa! · 2009 Dubai, Italy, Portugal, England and of and of course a year in Gunnison, Colorado.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Churches and schools

The houses where I grew up may have been demolished but the churches and at least two of the schools are still there..
1 & 2. Our Lady of Lourdes is where Roger and I got married. It was closed for a while but has reopened and looks quite modern and fresh.
3, 4 & 5 are of St Theresa's school and church. Picture 3 brings back fond memories of Miss Cam, the headmistress of the school. She would send for me from class to go and read for her........bliss! We developed a friendship from the day when my brother forgot to pick me up from school. Miss Cam took me home to her house, gave me tea and let me borrow books before we set off on the bus to my house. The first of many books we were to share. Imagine how proud I was as a 5 year old to have her as "my friend" and to think at 5 I would catch 2 buses to school each day!

Picture 5 not so happy memories. By this time Miss Cam had gone to be replaced my Mr Long and his cane. I, of course often got the cane...for talking. Hmmm haven't changed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: