Adventures 2013

This year has a European flavour with a stay in a Villa in Portugal, driving tour of Brittany, home exchange in a farmhouse in Gascony and of course a return to the farmhouse in Derbyshire.

Let the adventures begin and may they be full of life experiences!

Note scroll down for blog archive


About Me

Now we are retired we spend three months each year travelling. This blog records some of our adventures! · 2012 Hong Kong, Jordan, France, Cuba and England. · 2011: Copenhagen, Derbyshire and Bavaria ...wonderful! · 2010: New Zealand, South America, Denmark, UK and Africa! · 2009 Dubai, Italy, Portugal, England and of and of course a year in Gunnison, Colorado.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Catching up with family and friends!

I know I never quite get my blog in order BUT............

before I left England 0ne of the lovely things was meeting up again with my Uncle Albert, Auntie Jean and cousin Christine. Definitely childhood favourites. Somehow, as we all moved around we lost touch and incredibly it had been 30 years since I had seen Christine and about 23 since I saw my aunt and uncle.

So when I found they were living in Sheffield once more, I couldn't wait to see them again. As Christine and I were born only three weeks apart we were like sisters and shared many childhood experiences...holidays, birthday parties so as you can imagine the air was thick with memories.... Do you remember the time Uncle Albert made a special bed so we could sleep in the back of the car... do you remember patting Shetland ponies in the New Forest and so on and so on! So glad we caught up and hopefully we will all meet up next year in UK.

Also managed to organise dinner and theatre with my friend Maria . KT came along too which was great and after dinner in a new swanky Italian restaurant (used to be the boys grammar school!). We saw Rainman at the Lyceum. Fond memories for me as I used to go there with my dad. Still remember seeing Noel Cowards private lives there when I was about 14.............ah memories!

Oh the joys of having world newspapers at the local newsagents!

No comments:

Blog Archive